Churchill Downs is a world-renowned Thoroughbred racetrack in south Louisville that is most famous for hosting the annual Kentucky Derby. Officially opened in 1875, Churchill Down began its tradition and reputation as being the “Home of the Kentucky Derby,” one of the longest continually running sporting events in America. Churchill Downs is also famous for hosting the prestigious Breeder’s Cup - no less than eight times - and is scheduled to host this event once again in 2018.
3.Kentucky Derby Museum
Things to Do in Louisville, Kentucky: Churchill Downs
- History, Photo: Courtesy of John McGraw Photog - Fotolia.com
- Facilities, Photo: Courtesy of jedphoto - Fotolia.com
- Kentucky Derby Museum, Photo: Courtesy of jedphoto - Fotolia.com
- Visitor Information, Photo: Courtesy of Sunil Singh - Fotolia.com
- Cover Photo: Courtesy of jedphoto - Fotolia.com