Located in Central Colorado, Bishop Castle has quickly become one of the most popular roadside attractions in the state. In 1959, fifteen-year-old Jim Bishop dropped out of school and purchased a 2.5 acre piece of land for $450. This piece of land was located alongside southern Colorado’s San Isabel National Forest. In order to earn enough money to purchase the land, Bishop worked random side jobs and helped his father, Willard. Although Bishop funded the land purchase, his parent’s legally owned the land since Bishop was only a teenager.
Things to Do in Colorado: Bishop Castle
- History, Photo: Bishop Castle
- Attractions, Photo: Bishop Castle
- Educational Opportunities, Photo: Bishop Castle
- Special Events, Photo: Bishop Castle
- Cover Photo: Bishop Castle