The Arboretum is the state botanical garden of Kentucky. Established in 1991 and managed by the University of Kentucky and the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government, The Arboretum features over 100+ acres of pristine landscapes filled with a variety of trees, shrubs and flowering blooms. The Arboretum, also known as The University of Kentucky Arboretum, The State Botanical Garden of Kentucky or the Lexington Arboretum is open to the public from dawn to dusk year-round. CDC information for travelers. Hours/availability may have changed.
Things to Do in Lexington, KY: The Arboretum
- Overview, Photo: Joanne Dale/stock.adobe.com
- Gardens, Photo: sirirak/stock.adobe.com
- More Gardens, Photo: Jen Wolf/stock.adobe.com
- More Gardens, Photo: Anna Om/stock.adobe.com
- Visitor Information, Photo: mamuang555/stock.adobe.com
- Cover Photo: Courtesy of Masamitsu - Fotolia.com
The mission of The Arboretum is to foster a broader understanding of the natural world and the surrounding environment, encourage an interest in conservation and preservation, and urban forest renewal. The Arboretum also acts as a community center for environmental education, horticulture and provides cultural opportunities for the community to enjoy.
You are reading "Things to Do in Lexington, KY: The Arboretum " Back to Top