When we think of travel in Japan, our minds immediately conjure up images of the crowded city streets of Tokyo, the ancient temples of Kyoto, and the country's fascinating blend of futuristic and traditional urban landscapes, but there’s much more to Japan outside of its cities and villages; it’s a wonderful place for outdoor activities and adventures of all kinds as well, including skiing. There are some truly world class ski resorts and areas around Japan, and one of the country’s leading suppliers of rentals and sales of ski-related items is Rhythm Japan.
Rhythm Japan - Ski Hire, Snowboard Hire, and Backcountry Essentials in Japan
If you're looking to enjoy some of the best powder in the world, heading to locations like Niseko and Hakuba in Japan is definitely one of the best options and you'll find Rhythm Japan stores waiting to fit you out with all the skis, boards, poles, boots, apparel, and other items you need to have the perfect winter adventures. Rhythm has been operating in Japan since 2005 now, boasting over a decade of experience in the area and expanding from its initial Niseko store to a secondary Niseko location and a separate rental store in Hakuba too.
- The Best Staff - Rhythm Japan prides itself on only employing the very best members of staff. At any of these ski rental locations in Japan, you'll find friendly, welcoming, expert individuals who know the snow industry better than anyone else. They'll get you equipped with all the best gear, offer help and guidance if you need it, always welcome you with a smile, and even provide recommendations to help you make the most of your skiing trip.
- So Many Rentals - The Hakuba location for Rhythm Japan boasts over 3,000 rental items, while the Niseko location has more than 5,000 rental products in total. Rhythm Japan has some of the most extensive ski and snowboard rental ranges in the world, offering items to suit every individual and work for any budget.
- Workshops - Rhythm Japan locations also feature in-house workshops to help you repair or tune-up your skis and snowboards. These workshops are open all day long and staffed by knowledgeable, experienced experts who can get your gear in the best possible conditions.
- Item Sales - As well as offering rentals, Rhythm Japan sells a huge selection of skis, snowboards, and other winter items too from the best brands around.
- Additional Services - Rhythm Japan goes the extra mile to ensure that every customer has the best possible experience through a range of additional services like free pick-up and drop-offs at hotels and stores, a courier service to help you send your rental items back without needing to visit the actual stores, overnight storage of your rental items, self check-in machines with simple to use touchscreens to speed up the rental process, and even unique summer experiences and activities when the snow has melted like guided tours of Hokkaido.
Rhythm Japan Locations
In order to really see everything that Rhythm Japan has to offer, you have to visit one or more of the chain's locations. Here's all you need to know about each one:
- Niseko - The Rhythm Japan location for Niseko is right in the center of town at 190-1 Aza-yamada Kutchan-cho Abuta-gun, Hokkaido 044-0081. This store is open all year long, 7 days a week, from 8am to 6pm each day. It's on the main street of town in the heart of the Grand Hirafu resort, being one of Niseko's top skiing and snowboarding stores. You'll find more than 5,000 products for rental here, as well as a huge range of skis, snowboards, boots, and related items for sale. The store is also home to a Gloorious Coffee cafe and a Rhythm Tunes workshop for ski and snowboard repairs.
- Summit - The Summit store for Rhythm Japan is actually very close to the Niseko store. It's just 50m away, and Summit is all about backcountry gear, apparel, and speciality items, so this is where you can shop for boards, skis, bags, jackets, boots, and more from leading brands like Armada, BCA, Black Diamond, Oakley, Sorel, and K2. The store will be open from 8am to 10pm each day, 7 days a week, during the skiing season from December through to March. It's located at 190-32 Aza-yamada, Kutchan cho, Abuta gun, Hokkaido 044-0081.
- Hakuba - The Hakuba location for Rhythm Japan is in the old Wadana Visitor Center at 4683-2 Hokujo, Hakuba-mura, Kitaazumi-gun, Nagano-ken 399-9301. This store is open from 8am to 6pm, 7 days a week, from December to March each year. It's close by the Mominoki Hotel and features more than 3,000 rental products including skis, boards, boots, poles, and outerwear. You'll find a coffee shop and a repair/tuning workshop inside, plus boot fitting services and much more. website