Lake Lanier Islands is a 1,200-acre family resort with a waterpark and a scenic golf course located near Atlanta, Georgia. The Beach & Waterpark offers rides, slides, and water attractions. Guests can ride Wild Waves, Georgia's largest wave pool or try one of the other rides, including FunDunker, the Intimidator, the Twister, SplashDown, and Triple Threat. Choose from a variety of outdoor activities, including swimming, biking, boating, hiking, lake fishing, horseback riding and tennis.
The Emerald Pointe Golf Club was designed for both expert and novice golfers in mind. The par-72, 18 hole championship course is set near Lake Sidney Lanier and offers spectacular scenery.
The resort offers families a variety of accommodation options, from spacious suites and New England-inspired lakehouses, to affordable campsites and luxury villas. If you are traveling with a dog, there are several pet-friendly accommodation options available at the resort.
- Legacy Lodge & Conference Center: Choose from 216 King Rooms, Double Queen Rooms and 4 King Suites which offer spacious bathtubs, walk-in showers, balconies or patios with lake views, flat-screen televisions, and complimentary wireless Internet. The lodge has a fitness center, business center, bicycle and golf cart rentals, and concierge services. The Heated Saltwater Lounging Pool is a great place to relax surrounded by nature.
- Legacy Villas: 6 Legacy Villas each consist of two king rooms, two double queen rooms, and two king suites, with private bathrooms and balconies or terraces. The luxury villas are situated close to the Lodge. If you stay in the villas, you will enjoy private gated access, complimentary morning newspaper, stone fireplaces in king rooms & suites. Balconies or terraces have amazing lake views.
- LakeHouses: Located on the shores of Lake Sidney Lanier, the LakeHouses are designed for families and small groups. Each house has two private bedrooms, washer & dryer, kitchen (but there is no oven), gas fireplace, and an outdoor deck with gas grill. Each cottage can accommodate up to 8 guests.
- Campgrounds: There are 3 campgrounds at the resort, complete with boat ramps and space for RVs and tents. These are large wooded sites with tables, fire rings and grills. Shoal Creek is open year-round while Blue Ridge Campgrounds is open March through September.
The resort offers diverse dining choices, some seasonal and some available year-round.
- Windows: Located at Legacy Lodge, the restaurant offers views of Lake Sidney Lanier through large windows. Enjoy breakfast buffets daily, as well as sumptuous summer buffets and special events.
- Bullfrongs Bar & Grille: This Southern Gastro Pub serves classic comfort foods and over 20 different beers with indoor and outdoor seating next to the pool.
- The Butler's Pantry: Located at Legacy Lodge, the lounge serves coffee, wine, cookies and more.
- Gianni’s Italian Bistro: In the summer, dine on this open-air patio with lake views while sampling, pizzas and other Italian dishes.
- Sunset Cove Restaurant: Enjoy grilled burgers and nautically-inspired cuisine at this seasonal open-air eatery which is open from April to October for lunch and dinner.
Get married on a scenic lake where your guests can enjoy plush accommodations and many activities. The property offers over 20 wedding locations, including a luxury yacht, ballrooms and intimate outdoor spots. Wedding specialists and event planners work with the on-site executive catering chef and a team of florists, photographers, DJ’s and musicians to help you plan your dream wedding.
Tips, Deals & Waterpark Packages
The resort is open year-round, but summer months offer the best temperatures for water sports. Rates start at $99. The closest airport is Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport, about one hour by car from the resort. You can rent a car at or near the airport. If you are planning a weekend getaway, the property is located 45 minutes northeast of downtown Atlanta.
The property offers a choice of packages, including family, Labor Day, summer, golf, romance and more. The "Family Package" includes: access for 4 to all the rides and slides at LanierWorld waterpark (the day of arrival as well), accommodations, and breakfast the next day.
The "Romance Package" includes: Champagne, chocolate-covered strawberries, breakfast for two, two 25-minute massages, and Two Sunset Cove Beach passes.
The "Stay & Play Golf Package" includes: one round of Golf for two, cart, range balls, food and beverage at the Club House, and two passes to Sunset Cove per night of stay.
Plan This Trip:
Location: 7000 Lanier Islands Parkway , 7000 Holiday Road, Buford , Georgia , United States , 770-945-8787