Falora Pizza & Espresso is a stylish pizzeria owned by Ari Shapiro and located in mid-town Tucson, AZ. The pizzeria is loaded with vintage charm, from its wood-fired handmade pizzas to the restaurant's only source of music, a vintage stereo. The pizzeria makes 13-inch Neapolitan-style pizzas fresh daily using the traditional Caputo flour. Served every day are gourmet pies, gourmet salads, appetizers, beers, and wines.
Falora's pizzas are baked in a hand-built Napoli brick oven that is fueled only by local pecan wood. The brick oven was built by Stefano Ferrara, a third-generation craftsman in Naples. The oven burns at 700 degrees Fahrenheit and cooks one pizza in about 2 to 3 minutes.
The pizza crust is made with slow fermented imported Italian Caputo 00 flour, considered to be additives free and containing lower gluten than most flours. The unique crust coupled with fresh-from-the-farm ingredients gives Falora pizzas an authentic Neapolitan feel. A 13-inch pizza consists of 6 slices – perfect to make a full meal for one or can be shared between two people when paired with a salad.
Falora is open every day of the week, Monday through Sunday from 4:00pm to 9:00pm.
· Bread - Baked to order with olive oil, oregano, and sea salt.
· Salads - Includes caprese, piastra, Caesar, kale, butter pecan, Leone, and Marfa salads made with fresh ingredients like heirloom tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, olive tapanade, balsamic by Alfonso, chilled zucchini noodles, house-made pesto, heirloom cherry tomatoes, spinach, romaine, Asiago, house-made croutons, anchovy, olive oil, Caesar dressing without egg, green curly kale massaged with olive oil and cashews, Kalamata olives, artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes, butter lettuce, spinach, apples, fennel, chevre, oven-toasted pecans, apricot vinaigrette, arugula, squash, purple potato, chili pepper, artichoke and Asiago dressing, and other produce from Sleeping Frog and other nearby farms.
· Pizza - Red variations include margherita, marinara, cura, Manhattanara, maré, and bené bell. White variations include bianca, carni, giardino, figaro, arrosto, pesto, fumo, and farma. Pizza add-ons include mozzarella di bufala, beef sausage, soppressata, and anchovy.
· Desserts - panna cotta - cream pudding, fresh vanilla bean, rotating toppings, and torta - chocolate mousse, nut crust, berry puree (vegan)
· Drinks - Beverages include San Pellegrino, Mexican Coke or Sprite, iced tea, kids’ apple juice, herbal or black hot tea, French press coffee single serve with a side of Frangelico Italian hazelnut liqueur, Aperol Spritz, bottled beer, white and red Italian wines, and local wine.
· Four L'ora is every day from 4:00pm to 5:00pm. Guest get to choose a salad of choice from kale or Caesar and pizza choices from bianca or margherita at $15.
· Vino + Vinyl is daily from 5:00pm to 6:00pm. Guests get to bring their record to be played on Falora's vintage stereo and receive a free bottle of classic Chianti with their pizza and salad.
· Falora offers maximum F&B industry days dedicated to people in the hospitality industry. Sunday to Monday 20% off the bill.
Back to: Best Things to Do in Tucson, AZ
Falora Pizza & Espresso, 3000 E Broadway Blvd, Tucson, Arizona 85716, website, Phone: 520-325-9988