Post Office Pies is a stylish pizzeria located in the heart of Avondale in Birmingham, Alabama, and was founded in 2014 by co-owners Mike Wilson and Brandon Cain with the assistance of expert chef and co-owner, John Hall. The eatery is popular for its handmade wood-fired pizzas and local craft beers served in a laidback historic post office building. The pizzeria's hand-tossed pizza pies are made with locally sourced ingredients and the pizzas are baked to perfection in wood-fired brick ovens.
The pizzeria has emerged as a popular casual lunch spot in the neighborhood of Avondale. The eatery offers signature pizza pies, unique salads, and a bar full of Avondale Brewing Company's brews.
One of the most popular specialties of this Birmingham pizzeria is the Swine Pie, exclusive to Post Office Pies. The pizza is packed with thick pepperoni slabs, juicy sausages, bacon covered with cheese, and garnished with fresh basil, as are all the pizzas at Post Office Pies.
Post Office Pies operates 7 days a week, Sunday through Wednesday from 11:00am to 9:00pm. On Fridays and Saturdays the eatery operates from 11:00am to 12:00am and on Thursdays it remains open from 11:00am to 10:00pm.
· Avondale Specials - Includes appetizers and salads like Brussels sprout and kale salad, strawberry Gorgonzola salad, Panino Grasso, and pasta specials. The pasta specials menu is offered on Wednesday nights only.
· Appetizers, Salads, & Dessert – house-made meatballs, garlic cheese bread, jalapeño cheese bread, pepperoni chunk cheese bread, traditional Caesar, garden salad, seasonal salad, and tiramisu
· Pizzas - Features a choice of 9 or 12-inch pizzas that come with fresh basil; pizza choices include cheese, margherita, pepperoni, sausage, The Swine, The White, chicken pesto, and The Italian. The 9-inch pizzas are served from Monday to Saturday during fixed hours only.
· Build Your Own Pizzas - Guests get to build their own pizzas with a maximum of three toppings on options like tomato base, white base, pesto base, and meat base. By choosing the Supreme option, one gets to choose up to six toppings. All pies come with added fresh basil.
· Drinks - beers, wines, craft soda pop, fresh lemonade, soda or water, and sweet or unsweetened tea
Post Office Pies provides catering services to a range of private events of every type like birthdays, office luncheons, rehearsal dinners, and even weddings. The restaurant’s dedicated catering consultant’s team can help in hosting a perfect event that includes menu planning, event staffing, and delivery. Catering requires 48-hour prior notice and can be booked through the online catering request form or by calling the restaurant’s catering office.
Post Office Pies offers a customizable catering menu that consists of the restaurant’s 12-inch signature pizza range, cheese breads, pastas, fresh salads, dessert, and extras like sodas by the liter, sweet or unsweetened tea, lemonade, and plain ice sold by the bag bag.
Post Office Pies, Avondale, 209 41st Street South, Birmingham, Alabama 35242, website, Phone: 205-599-9900
Back to: Restaurants in Birmingham, AL
More: Things to Do in Tuscumbia, Things to Do in Cullman, Things to Do in Eufaula, Things to Do in Daphne, Things to Do in Foley, Things to Do in Enterprise, Things to Do in Hoover, Things to Do in Pelham, Things to Do in Prattville, Things to Do in Selma, Things to Do in Spanish Fort, Guntersville, Things to Do in Fairhope, Decatur