John's City Diner is a modern diner that serves Southern Comfort food and gastro pub choices in a downtown Birmingham landmark turned diner. The upscale diner is owned by Shannon Gober, who concocts new dishes that use locally grown organic ingredients. The bar features local craft beers on draft and wines by the glass. John's City Diner also organizes several events at its venue, which are announced on the restaurant's website.
John's City Diner is open 7 days a week, Monday through Thursday from 11:00am to 2:30pm and then from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. On Fridays, the diner is open from 11:00am to 2:30pm then from 5:00pm to 9:30pm and on Saturdays they are open from 5:00pm to 9:30pm. The restaurant's happy hour is from Monday to Friday between 4:30pm and 6:30pm.
· Dinner - small plates, salads, salad upgrades, and entrees
· Lunch - lunch entrees, and between bread options that include a list of sandwiches like the JCD Burger, white BBQ chicken sandwich, turkey club, farmer's melt, and Castro’s Cubano, served with fries and spicy dill pickles
· Sides - roasted corn grits, garlicky spinach, butterbeans, skillet corn, smashed potatoes, collard greens, Alabama sweet potatoes, beer-battered french fries, and side salad
· Desserts - white chocolate bread pudding, dark chocolate bread pudding, red velvet ice cream sammich, waffle sundae, and frozen lemonade pie
· Kid's Menu - Bell & Evans chicken tenders, fried or grilled Gulf shrimp, kiddie mac or buttered noodles, and grilled cheese; kids’ entrees are served with one side of french fries, smashed potatoes, buttered sweet potatoes, baby green beans, or side salad
John's City Diner's drinks menu offers cocktails, dessert cocktails, craft beers, domestics, reserve whiskeys, red wines, white wines, and bubbly wine varieties. The menu also offers signature coffee drinks served with Royal Cup Dakota Blend.
The restaurant offers banquet facilities for private parties and special events. The venue is available in many space configurations, including a full restaurant buyout that can hold up to 500 people. The restaurant's banquet facility on the first floor can hold up to 150 people. Party bookings must be made by calling the restaurant directly.
John's City Diner offers catering service for office parties, weddings, luncheons, and several other offsite events. The restaurant offers an exclusive catering menu that is customizable as per requirement. Catering orders can be placed by calling the restaurant.
John's City Diner's reservations are fulfilled by the OpenTable online application, which accepts reservations for up to 12 guests. For parties larger than 12, reservations are to be made by calling the restaurant.
John's City Diner offers an option to purchase instantly available eGift cards online. The never-expiring online gift cards are sold via Instagifts, which offers gift cards ranging from $10 up to $200, redeemable at the restaurant. The online gift card can be emailed as a gift, printed, or redeemed from a mobile phone.
John's City Diner, 112 Richard Arrington Blvd N, Birmingham, Alabama 35203, website, Phone: 205-322-6014
Back to: Birmingham Restaurants
Fun Romantic Weekend Getaways, Beach Resorts, Wedding Venues: IN, Atlanta, NM, ME, Miami, Birthday, Chicago, VA, OR, Couples, NM, LA, Montauk, UT, AR, ID, OK, KS, East Coast, CA, IN, OR, WY, MD, GA water parks, From Dallas, Hilton Head, Boston, day trips from D.C., from Seattle, KS, OR, Missouri, TN, beaches in San Diego, Portland, Charlotte