The inn, originally built in the 1930s has recently been renovated, preserving its original mission-style architecture. Guests can play golf on the world's lowest golf course at 214 feet below sea level. The 18-hole course has been recently redesigned by Perry Dye.
Weekend Getaways From San Diego
Hotel del Coronado is a beach getaway located on 31-acre oceanfront acres near San Diego, California. The resort is a National Historic Landmark and a recreational paradise ...
Vacation Ideas from San Diego
Spend your days in tranquil surroundings, enjoy treatments at the spa, relax on the beach, and play golf.
The property features Spanish-inspired architecture and ocean views.
This stylish hotel has a full-service spa, heated outdoor pool and landscaped gardens.
Amadeus Spa and Salon has 8,000 square feet of space, 8 treatment rooms, and offers an array of relaxing treatments. Before and after your treatment, relax next to the hotel's outdoor pool which offers yellow-colored cabanas providing shade.
Guests may participate in as many activities as they wish, many of which are suitable for all fitness levels.
Guest accommodations feature balconies and patios with bay or skyline views.
The hotel has 300 guest rooms and 83 suites with marble bathrooms, balconies and ocean views. The 4,000-square-foot spa has nine treatment rooms and a diverse menu of services.
The hotel features scenic Pacific Ocean views from many of its guest rooms and suites. The 6,500-square-foot spa offers a menu of services, including massages, body treatments, facials and signature services.
The getaway features a collection of artwork by writer and artist William S. Burroughs, as well as works by John Giorno, Lynda Benglis and George Condo.
Weekend Getaways from San Diego
San Diego is an amazing city to live in, with its own host of attractions and fun things to do, including beaches, whale watching tours, the famous Zoo and Sea World. If you are looking for something new a bit out of the city, there are many great destinations just a short drive away.
Ojai is one of the most famous artist communities in Southern California, about 3.5 hours from the city. Stay at the luxury Ojai Valley Inn and Spa or at The Oaks at Ojai. Enjoy massages, delicious cuisine and calm ambiance. Stroll through the town, visit Bart's Books and stylish boutiques.
Idyllwild in the San Jacinto Mountains is a 2-hour drive from the city. Perfect for outdoor adventure lovers, the area overs over 50 scenic hiking trails and great rock climbing spots. There are several inns and cabins in the area where you can spend your trip surrounded by nature. The town has a choice of restaurants, including Chinese, Mexican and casual cafes.
Just 2 hours away, downtown Los Angeles is a fun destination for couples who want to do some sightseeing, shopping and shows. There are many great hotels to choose fromwhich often offer discounted rates on weekends. Spend your savings at the designer boutiques in Beverly Hills.
Pasadena, a 2-hour drive, is home to the Rose Bowl flea market, art galleries, museums and botanical gardens. The city hosts the annual Rose Bowl football game and Tournament of Roses Parade on January 1, a tradition that started in 1890.
The 250,000-acre estate featuring Hearst Castle is a 6-hour drive from the city. Take a guided tour of the castle gardens, pools, libraries and other attractions.
The full-service resorts in Phoenix are a 5-hour drive from San Diego, offering vacationers great spas, golf and sparkling pools. Stay at the Arizona Biltmore which features Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired architecture and an outdoor movie screen which you can watch from the pool.
Big Bear Mountain Resorts offers hiking and paddleboarding in the lake in the summer, and great skiing and snowboarding in the winter. Visit the rescue facility for wildlife that lives on the mountains and enjoy the quiet nature. Big Bear is a 3-hour drive from San Diego.
Great Weekend Packages
- Family Weekend in Laguna Beach, California: Plan a trip with the "Fun Family Package" at Montage Resort & Spa in Laguna Beach, California. It includes: One night's accommodations in an oceanfront guestroom, One $60 dining credit for breakfast at The Loft or In-Room dining, Complimentary half-day Paintbox admission for one ($70 value) and Access to all resort amenities. You may also like the "Suite Escape" - this offer gives you a $500 resort credit if you book a suite for three consecutive nights. The Shopping Spree Special is designed for those who like to shop, including mothers and daughters. The offer includes: $60 Daily breakfast credit, Round-trip private transfer to SCP, VIP Savings Passport with special offers at South Coast Plaza's renowned boutiques and Passes to VIP Hospitality Suite, ACCESS.
- Girlfriend Getaway in Ojai Includes Lunch and a Massage: Escape to the charming town of Ojai in Southern California with the Gals Spa Getaway at the Ojai Valley Inn. The offer includes Accommodations, Lunch for each guest in the Cafe Verde restaurant, One 50-minute Classic Spa Treatment per person, per night's stay, and a One Welcome Spa Amenity per guest. Spend your trip relaxing at the spa, hiking, playing golf and exploring Ojai town which is home to many art galleries, shops and restaurants. If your travel plans are flexible, take a look at the Midweek Escape rates which are lower than on weekends. The Midweek Escape package includes a $50 nightly resort credit, Two spa day passes (Treatments not included with Day Pass access) and a Complimentary room upgrade at time of booking. Another popular package at the resort, which is great for a getaway with girlfriends, is the "Best of Ojai" offer which includes Accommodations, Daily Breakfast in the Oak Grill per person, per night (up to a $30 value) and Two activities per night booked (choose from One Round of Unlimited Golf or One 50-Minute Classic Spa Treatment - excludes Abhyanga and Detox Massage.
- 4th Night Free Luxury Deal in San Francisco from $1,350: Enjoy spectacular views and five star service at the luxury Mandarin Oriental San Francisco with one of these packages and deals. The "Suite Temptations" special features rates from $1,350 per night and includes: A complimentary fourth night, Daily continental breakfast served in the privacy of your room or the restaurant for two, A special VIP amenity and A spa credit of USD $50. "Five Star" offer starts at $1,425 per night and includes: An indulgent 1 hour 50 minute couples treatment, Two signature house-crafted Five Star Gin & Tonics at Brasserie S& P, and Keepsake Aromatherapy Bath Fizzes. The "Perfect Pair" package is great for families who plan to book two rooms. It includes: A Golden Gate King or Mandarin King Bay Bridge room combined with a Deluxe King room, Room configuration offers nearly 1,000 square feet of luxurious space and Superb views of the city and bay.
- Beverly Hills Shopping Spree from $695: Visit the famous shops in Los Angeles with this great package at the Montage Beverly Hills. The "Shopping Spree" special starts at $695 and includes: City or garden view accommodations, Daily breakfast for two, Complimentary consultation and excursion in the hotel's house car to one retailer of your choice with in-house Fashion Stylist Joseph Katz for an exclusive hour preview of fashion collection in boutique VIP room, Special gift from a retailer and Assistance in shipping purchases to your home. If you want to relax with massages on your trip, ask about the "Relax & Revive" special which starts at $595 per night and includes: Daily $100 Spa Montage credit, Daily full breakfast for two and One category room upgrade at the time of reservation. Guests with children can ask about the "Family Escape" offer, starting at $571 per night which includes: 1 nights' accommodations, ½ day of complimentary Paintbox for up to two children ($140 savings), Children under 12 eat free from our kids' menu throughout their stay, Daily full breakfast for two adults, and Children's amenities upon arrival.
- Santa Ynez Valley Wine Tasting: Book a stay at the Wine Valley Inn and ask for "The Grape Escape" offer which includes a free tasting for two at the beautiful Bridlewood Estate Winery. You get to bring one of their fabulous bottles home! Stay two nights, and you get 2 bottles, stay three nights and you get 3 bottles etc. Nightly Rates start at $94.
- La Jolla: Grande Colonial in La Jolla is offering a number of great packages. The Free Suite Upgrade special lets you book luxury accommodations with rates starting at just $219 per night. "Stay Three Nights for the Price of Two" is another great option for those who can get away for at least three nights. Rates start at $570 for all 3 nights. It's a Suite Deal gives vacationers the following luxury perks: A $50 dining credit for use in the award-winning NINE-TEN Restaurant or room service, Complimentary valet parking (a $25 daily value), Complimentary in-room refreshments (garden accommodations only) and Complimentary Domestic telephone calls. The San Diego Bed and Breakfast Package is one of the most popular and includes: One Night in an Ocean, Garden or Village View Guestroom or Suite, and Breakfast for Two at NINE-TEN or In Room (Additional Breakfast: $20 per adult; $12 per child 12 and under).