The Greensboro Science Center Museum has a world-class variety of exhibits and interactive exhibits to explore. Visitors will find an endless supply of adventure and educational displays to enjoy. The OmniSphere Theater is also part of the museum and offers a variety of educational and exciting films for the entire family. This total immersion theater brings science to life with aw-inspiring films.
The museum portion of the Greensboro Science Center provides a fascinating hands-on experience that features a variety of attractions and exhibits. The first exhibit, Prehistoric Passages, contains all sorts of fossils, skeletons, and dinosaur footprints. Aspiring paleontologists can see artifacts made of petrified wood and amber from millions of years ago. Visitors can even get up close and personal with a giant Tyrannosaurus Rex replica.
An educational exhibit entitled, Healthquest¸ allows visitors to explore the functions of the human body. Interactive displays allows visitors to see how decisions they make can cause specific changes to the body and its main systems.
The Extreme Weather Gallery allows visitors to experience everything from hail to snow to a Category 5 hurricane up close and personal. Visitors can even feel the force of a tornado and gran lightning with their bare hands. This exhibit is sure to excite and educate alike.
There is plenty more to see and do at the Greensboro Science Center Museum, including Bone Zone, Herpetarium, Collector's Corner, Sciplay Bay, Herpetology Lab, and Aquatic Discovery.
· The Bone Zone – This exhibit features information on animals with vertebrae from all over the animal kingdom.
· Herpetarium – This exhibit features all sorts of venomous reptiles and unusual amphibians.
· The Collector's Corner – The museum curator has put all sorts of pieces on display, everything from old electronics to magnificent underwater treasures.
· Sciplay Bay – The S.S. Curiosity sets sail in this exhibit, visitors will be able to explore the sea and then spend some time on the beach building forts and flying kites.
· Herpetology Lab – This lab allows visitors to touch the reptiles and amphibians with the help of friendly docents.
· Aquatic Discovery – This exhibit has all kinds of animals on display, such as alligators, turtles, snakes, and more.
Weekend Getaways & Attractions: From NYC, LA, Ohio, TX, PA, Florida, ME, SC, SF, Places to Visit from San Diego, Romantic Weekend Getaways, Anniversary